Fact: It’s blueberry season in Maine. That means that everywhere you turn, there is a blueberry treat waiting to be eaten. Personally, my parents lake house is covered with blueberry bushes that are currently in all of their glory — we have more blueberries than we know what to do with, blueberry pie, blueberry jam, blueberry pancakes galore! But it’s these blueberry muffins that take the top honor amongst the masses. With their light and fluffy consistency, they pair perfectly with a cup of tea or coffee first thing in the morning, or as a snack throughout the day.
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups flour
1/2 cup milk, I use coconut milk
2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a bowl, whisk together butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs
- Next, whisk in the baking powder and salt
- Whisk in flour, followed by the milk of your choice
- Once everything is whisked together into a batter, gently fold in your blueberries
- Line 18 muffin tins with paper liners and lightly spray with cooking spray
- Spoon batter into muffin tins and bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes
Enjoy these muffins on their own, or with butter over your first sun salutation of the morning, yum, yum, yum!